Greetings Folks,
I want to take the time to introduce myself for those of you who do not know me. My name is Tristian M. Cox, born to the father Martin P. Cox and mother Dorianne Taylor-Cox. I was born an raised in Plainfield, NJ. I am also a product of the Plainfield school system and proud to say so. I attended Rutgers University, New Brunswick Campus for my undergraduate Degree in Africana Studies. While I was an undergraduate at Rutgers, I made the decision that I would join the greatest fraternity known to man, Thee Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc Thundering Tau Zeta Chapter. I dedicated my entire undergraduate career to being invovled with the Rutgers community. I also worked with Rutgers Dining Services and Pepsi Bottling Group. While I was studying at Rutgers I decided that I would pursue a life in education and thus focus my studies in that area. I applied and was accepted into the Graduate School of Education: Five year masters program in the Social Studies department. I am currently enrolled in the fifth year of this program. I will be conducting my student teaching at Perth Amboy high school in the fall of 2009. While conducting my student teaching internship I will be working primarily with freshman teaching Modern World History.
How about South Africa, what lead me to this excursion across the Atlantic Ocean. A good friend and colleague of mine(Cienai Wright) informed me that she was going on a study abroad trip to South Africa in the summer of 2009. I was immediately intrigued by this discussion and I asked her if I could still apply. Although the deadline for applications had passed, I was determined to find out if I could still partake in this wonderful experince. So, I asked, applied and was accepted into the 8th annual group of students traveling to South Africa.

That was a wonderful introduction....... We're so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! We miss you... can't wait to speak to you!!!!
ReplyDeletethat is a really good introduction...very well written...im so excited to read the rest of ya blog.....YEAAAAA to my light-skin brother!!!
ReplyDelete