Day 5
On this day of our trip we were supposed to attend the Apartheid museum but our plans were brought to a hault because the museum was actually closed today. But we left the Game Reserve and we checked into the Hilton hotel in Johannesburg. Yes that’s right ..the Hilton. Which brings me to an important point. And I will take some time to examine these ideas since we didn’t have any primary activities today. There are many misconceptions about the continent of Africa. The first misconception that I have heard countless times is “your going to be mad hot when you go over there.” I am actually in South Africa and this country is south of the equator so they are actually in their winter season. The other day when I was at Teboho Trust it was probably 45 degrees outside and it was raining. (Not a good combination) The next is that the entire continent is not one gigantic desert or bush area and there are not tribes of people with bones in the hair standing at every corner. Johannesburg is developed beyond imagination. When I was walking around today in Johannesburg I thought I was in NYC, ok well maybe I am exaggerating but it really is developed. Notice how I took a picture with the Benz it..yes..they were every where and BMW..7 series not 3......Signing Off
On this day of our trip we were supposed to attend the Apartheid museum but our plans were brought to a hault because the museum was actually closed today. But we left the Game Reserve and we checked into the Hilton hotel in Johannesburg. Yes that’s right ..the Hilton. Which brings me to an important point. And I will take some time to examine these ideas since we didn’t have any primary activities today. There are many misconceptions about the continent of Africa. The first misconception that I have heard countless times is “your going to be mad hot when you go over there.” I am actually in South Africa and this country is south of the equator so they are actually in their winter season. The other day when I was at Teboho Trust it was probably 45 degrees outside and it was raining. (Not a good combination) The next is that the entire continent is not one gigantic desert or bush area and there are not tribes of people with bones in the hair standing at every corner. Johannesburg is developed beyond imagination. When I was walking around today in Johannesburg I thought I was in NYC, ok well maybe I am exaggerating but it really is developed. Notice how I took a picture with the Benz it..yes..they were every where and BMW..7 series not 3......Signing Off

Speak on it like you see it babe.. you're actually educating msny people... love ya.. miss ya
ReplyDeletelol.. i meant many people.. not msny..
ReplyDelete